Active clubs in the School of Journalism are:
- Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ)
- National Association of Hispanic Journalists (NAHJ)
- Native American Journalists Association (NAJA)
- Asian American Journalists Association (AAJA)
- National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ)
- National Press Photographers Association (NPPA)
- Sports Journalism Club (SportsJ)
- Online News Association (ONA)
- Journalism and Women Symposium (JAWS)
And a new club is being formed for first-generation college journalism students, called First Generation Journalism (FirstGen). Professor Susan Swanberg, who was a first-generation college student herself, will be advisor for the club.
Click here for more information on the clubs.