July 29, 2022
Wick Communications is seeking a data-savvy News Editor to lead a new digital publication covering housing, development, urban growth and business in Tucson. Experience with data visualization tools, such as Datawrapper or Tableau, is a must. You must be based in the Tucson area for this full-time position.
The Green Valley News and Sahuarita Sun want somebody with a track record who's willing to tackle print, online, video, photo and social media. They cover two communities with twice weekly (Green Valley) and weekly (Sahuarita) newspapers and 24/7 web and social media coverage. They use Blox CMS (Content Management System by Town News) for writing and posting online. Knowledge of this system is a plus. The job is about 80 percent reporter, 20 percent assistant editor.
You must have newsroom reporting experience beyond college, at least two years. Send a resume, at least five clips and a cover letter laying out what you can bring to the table to editor Dan Shearer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nogales International seeks reporter
The Nogales International, a twice-weekly newspaper based in the bustling U.S.-Mexico border city of Nogales, Ariz., has an opening for a general assignment reporter. The reporter will cover a bit of everything, from local government, schools and business, to community events, cops/courts and the impact of border/immigration policy on the local area. The reporter will take their own photos and occasional video, and chip in with proofreading, social media and website management. Basic Spanish fluency is a necessity.
To apply, submit a resume, three clips and a letter explaining why you want to work at the Nogales International to Jonathan Clark, managing editor, at email@example.com. Be sure your letter or resume includes an assessment of your Spanish abilities.
May 20, 2022
KVOA, the NBC affiliate television station in Tucson, is hiring for multiple positions, including news producers. The station is now owned by Allen Media Broadcasting, a subsidiary of Los Angeles-based Entertainment Studios. Apply
May 19, 2022
Student worker, UA Department of Psychiatry
The University of Arizona Department of Psychiatry is hoping to hire a journalism student – who qualifies as a Federal Work Study student – to assist the Communications and Marketing Specialist in organizing and promoting department research, initiatives, events, activities, clinics and information. Pay is $13 an hour for a minimum of 5-10 hours a week. Help create materials — including articles, press releases, videos, fliers, social media posts and website content — and help with hybrid and in-person events.
April 29, 2022
Report for America
Report for America is looking to fill open positions with 18 newsrooms throughout the country. Students graduating must apply by May 16. RFA helps local newsrooms report on under-covered issues and communities by sending early-career and mid-to-late-career reporters and photographers to newsrooms in the U.S.
Click on the link to access the job description and the application:
- ABC-TV: KFSN, Fresno, California
- ABC-TV: KTRK, Houston, Texas
- ABC-TV: WPVI, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- ABC-TV: WTVD, Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
- Bangor Daily News, Bangor, Maine
- Community Voice, Wichita, Kansas
- Community Voice, Wichita, Kansas
- Enlace NC, Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
- Knox Pages, Mt. Vernon, Ohio
- KVPR (Valley Public Radio), Bakersfield, California
- La Noticia, Charlotte, North Carolina
- MLK50, Memphis, Tennessee
- Spectrum NY, Syracuse, New York
- Spectrum Ohio, Cleveland, Ohio
- St. Louis American, St. Louis, Missouri
- The Land, Cleveland, Ohio
- Tioga Tribune, Tioga, North Dakota
- Victoria Advocate, Victoria, Texas
Contact Earl Johnson and Tim Lampley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in becoming a Report for America Corps Member Journalist? Attend an upcoming information session:
April 22, 2022
Tucson Unified School District
The office is currently looking to add a multimedia professional development specialist for next school year. This position would be a good fit for anyone with either video production or e-Learning/systems management experience.
April 19, 2022
The local CBS affiliate is looking for a couple of multimedia journalists, along with a nightside executive producer and a digital content manager. Click on the GrayTV career links below to apply:
For questions, contact Troy Conhain, assistant news director, at email@example.com or 520-744-6397.
March 30, 2022
Arizona Public Media
Arizona Public Media (AZPM) is seeking a multiple reporter positions to join our award-winning team in Tucson. If selected you will join a growing team of energetic reporters who create unique stories about the southwest for our Southern Arizona radio, television, and online audiences.
Please apply today at https://talent.arizona.edu/
Multimedia Journalist II req8865
Senior Reporter (Border Reporter) req9138
Senior Reporter (general assignment) req9159
Senior Reporter (water and environment) req9147
March 24, 2022
Digital Producer of News Content, Arizona Daily Star
The Arizona Daily Star is seeking an entry-level digital producer to manage the delivery of content across multiple platforms and help grow the Star’s online presence. This position includes shooting and producing short videos and helping/teaching other staffers to do the same. Starting salary is $39,080. Apply
Feb. 4, 2022
Multimedia General Assignment Reporter – PinalCentral.com
PinalCentral, a website serving two central Arizona newspapers, is looking for a multimedia general assignment reporter to be part of our team. The right candidate is a jack-of-all trades in today’s media environment and good at all of them. We are looking for someone who can write, shoot photos and videos, and monitor community and government social media accounts. The candidate will focus on covering city government and school boards, as well as sports coverage depending on experience but not required.
We operate in a competitive media environment, with Phoenix and Tucson TV stations and two major daily newspapers regularly covering news in our area. A digital-first mentality is essential to ensure we are first and fast with accurate reports on breaking news and in-depth reporting to include photo and video. Our top candidate will be able to juggle several stories seamlessly, switch gears smoothly and keep their cool under deadline pressure. Weekend work and some holidays are part of the job. If you think you’re this individual, send a cover letter, resume and work samples to Annette Lee, Human Resources Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feb. 3, 2022
Publishing Manager – Western National Parks Association (Tucson/Oro Valley)
The Western National Parks Association (WNPA) seeks a publishing and content specialist within the Marketing & Communications team. The Publishing Manager leads the planning, development, design, and production of educational publications for various print media. This position also works collaboratively with other specialists on the team, to develop diverse products that help fulfill the collective missions of WNPA and the National Park Service (NPS). Apply
Feb. 2, 2022
Arizona Public Media – Several positions (Tucson)
Arizona Public Media, the NPR affiliate on campus, is hiring for several full-time positions, including junior reporters, senior reporters and producers. See listings below and contact Tanya Gonzales, AZPM's new HR Generalist, with any questions.
- Series Content Manager
- Director of Marketing & Communication
- Radio News & Public Affairs Reporter, Senior (Border Reporter)
- Senior Associate Director of Development, Arizona Public Media (AZPM)
- Radio News & Public Affairs Reporter, Senior
- Producer, Content (Arizona 360)
Feb. 1, 2022
Photojournalist – Inland Empire
The Southern California News Group is looking for an experienced photojournalist to join our Inland Empire team full time. The photographer would work with our team at The Press-Enterprise in Riverside, The Sun in San Bernardino, the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin in Ontario and the Redlands Daily Facts in Redlands. Apply
Social Media Producer – Southern California News Group (Anaheim)
The SCNG social media producer is tasked with distributing our journalism off-platform and contributing to the audience engagement mission of the organization. Guided by analytics and industry best-practices, the producer supports the work of the SCNG social media team by producing or iterating on work as assigned by the Audience Engagement Editor. Apply
Jan. 13, 2022
• Courthouse News Service, a California-based legal news publication, is seeking a full-time reporter in Phoenix to cover law, politics and everything else that makes the state tick. There's a lot of freedom here for an enterprising reporter to dive into topics that show a national audience what life is like in Arizona beyond the major headlines. The reporter will be expected to pitch and write news stories for the region. The job also includes summarizing new civil lawsuits in a number of state courts on a daily basis, which should take about 2-3 hours/day. Competitive pay is offered, as are benefits. Please email a resume, clips and cover letter to email@example.com. Address the email to Jamie Ross, Southwest Bureau Chief.
• KOLD-TV: The Tucson CBS affiliate is looking for recent graduates to fill two full-time positions: Morning News Producer and Producer/MMJ. Contact Jenelle Shriner, news director, if you're interested.
Jan. 4, 2022
University of Arizona Fine Arts
Serve as the division's primary videographer and photographer to tell the story of Arizona Arts. The position will report directly to the Arizona Arts, Director of Marketing and will assist in overseeing student workers. Apply
Nov. 22, 2021
KGUN-TV Tucson (ABC)
The local ABC affiliate, owned by EW Scripps, has openings for a Real-Time Editor and a Real-Time Associate Producer.
- You'll be trained to run the assignment desk
- This is a position that manages crews, coverage, and daily planning
- Trained in dealing with public information officers, courts, leaders
- Gears and cars
- Assigning crews to get video of must-cover events
- The future is digital, and we begin our professional digital footprint
- Trained to post stories, when to post, how to post, why to post
- Best headlines
- Solid writing
This is a great position to break into news and learn how newsrooms work. We provide all training. The training and mentorship provided here are valuable, we do training, we invest in the future journalists of America.
Same as 1 & 2 above with training in broadcast writing. This position could eventually lead to producer training.
Send a cover letter, resume and examples of your work to Martha Serda, assistant news director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Her work phone is (520) 290-7715.