Getting ready to graduate? Apply for graduation and follow these steps for completing your degree audit.
Degree Audit Process
The University of Arizona has a formal process to ensure that students have met all the requirements needed to graduate. You should start the process in the semester before you plan to graduate – your penultimate semester. The steps in the senior degree check process are the following:
- Please be on the lookout for an email from the academic adviser about completing your Degree Audit Worksheet. If you do not recieve an email from her, please reach out to her via email at email@example.com.
- You will fill out the Application for Degree Candidacy via your UAccess Student Center and will be charged $50.00 (candidacy fee) will be placed on your Bursar’s account once the application is complete. Paloma will go over your final degree requirements so you can enroll for your final semester, start the official degree audit form (aka: pink sheet), and give you a Senior Student Exit Survey.
- If you have minor requirements left to fulfill, are active in the Honors College or have a second major, Paloma will have you take the degree audit to your secondary major advisor, minor advisor, or Honors College for approval signature(s). If you do not need additional approval signatures, the form will be left with Paloma.
- Make another appointment to meet with Paloma to finish the degree audit process. During this second appointment, Paloma will finish processing the official degree audit form with you and collect the Senior Student Exit Survey. After Paloma has processed your official degree audit form, she will forward the form to Graduation Services for review.
Graduation Services can only determine if your requirements are met once the “pink sheet” is returned. Your Graduation Services advisor posts your degree, and any changes that you make to your degree plan need to be made through Graduation Services. Therefore: If you are taking courses at Pima or any other school to finish your UA degree requirements, please make sure to send or hand-deliver an official transcript before the deadlines listed below from that school to: Julie Adkins, University of Arizona, Graduation Services, Forbes 203C, P.O. Box 210128, Tucson, AZ 85721-0069.
The absolute drop-dead deadlines for starting the degree check process and getting your name printed in the commencement ceremony program is Oct. 15 for a December graduation and March 15 for a May graduation. However, if you wait that late to apply, you will be charged late fees of $50. Here are the deadlines to avoid the late fee:
- December candidacy (including Winter Session conferrals) – Sept. 1 of the semester in which you plan to graduate
- May candidacy and August candidacy – Feb. 1 of the semester in which you plan to graduate
Graduation Ceremony Information
- Cap and Gown Information: Journalism is under the College of Social & Behavioral Sciences, which uses a white tassel.
- College of Social & Behavioral Sciences Convocation Ceremony: For SBS undergraduate majors only
- UA Commencement Ceremony: For all UA students celebrating graduation