Until further notice, the University of Arizona, in accordance with the guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, encourages all employees to work remotely. Our offices are closed to the public, but you can reach the School of Journalism Monday–Friday 9am-5pm:
- Andrés Domínguez (520-621-7556; email@example.com)
- Carol Schwalbe (520-300-0693; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Maggy Zanger (520-661-2742; email@example.com)
- Paloma Boykin (520-314-3918; firstname.lastname@example.org)
Journalism Diversity Workshop for Arizona High School Students
About the Program
Founded in 1981, the Donald W. Carson Journalism Diversity Workshop gives Arizona high school students an opportunity to learn about reporting, photography, multimedia and media ethics each summer. During the week-long program, students produce stories and photos for The Chronicle newspaper, websites and multimedia projects.
The program, usually held during the first week in June, is sponsored primarily by the Dow Jones News Fund and the University of Arizona Office of Inclusion and Multicultural Engagement.
Applications for 2021
The 2020 workshop has been canceled due to the coronavirus outbreak. We are accepting applications for summer 2021. Your application should include:
- 300-400 word essay telling us why you are interested in Journalism
- One letter of recommendation
- One or two samples of your work (articles, media, videos, photos)