Bilingual Journalism M.A. Student
- Specialty: Global Journalism
- Areas of interest: Mental Health & Psychology, Bilingual Journalism, Multimedia & Podcast
- Undergrad Degree: Bachelors of Arts Degree in Psychology and minor in Journalism, University of Arizona
- Hometown: Nogales, Arizona
- Background/goals: I grew up in a border town between the U.S. and Mexico. My native language is Spanish and my second language is English. One of my goals is to accurately represent and portray Latinos nationwide as we are constantly misrepresented due to stereotypes and the lack of Latinos in the journalism industry. Additionally, I want to focus on mental health issues. Emphasizing on how it impacts the Latino community, as well as advocate for them.
- Why UA: I got my undergraduate degree at the University of Arizona. During my undergrad years I was able to discover a new passion and explore different adventures. Being part of the Master’s Bilingual Journalism program will help me expand my knowledge and gain new skills. As well as develop a new journalistic approach.