Bilingual Journalism M.A. Student
- Specialty: Bilingual Journalism
- Areas of Interest: Audio reporting, Investigative reporting, Feature writing
- Undergrad Degree: Media Studies, City University of New York, Hunter College
- Hometown: Queens, New York
- Background/Goals: As a bilingual graduate student the goal is to go back to New York and possibly work at a local or big news outlet. I hope to gain enough experience and training to mentor future bilingual journalists to help them tell stories about our community.
- Why UA: I want to challenge myself in pursuing Spanish language journalism and improve my writing skills in Spanish. Even before joining the program I felt tremendously supported by the creators of the bilingual journalism program so I knew I had to move across the country to gain more training and guidance in the field. In addition, I get to study more about the history of Latin America and learn about the Latinx community in Tucson.